Friday, April 27, 2012

I have recently noticed semi-coarse facial hair growing on my chin. Is this hormonal?

I'm 18 years old, and the hair on my chin is getting really annoying. It's gotten pretty coarse, and I feel disgusting. I tried to use hair removal cream, but it didn't work well, so I have to shave the hair routinely. What I am wondering is, is this just a hormone/puberty imbalance thing, and will it ever get better, and if not, is there something I can do that will act more permanently?



I have recently noticed semi-coarse facial hair growing on my chin. Is this hormonal?

Hair growth in this area is hormonal but it not usally present on an 18 year old. I am 21 and have hair on my chin that is slighty darker than the rest of my face, but most of my clients have hair which becomes thick and terminal occuring to them when they are around 40-60 years old.



How dark and thick is the hair in comparison to the rest of your face?



Don't shave and don't use hair removal cream as this will not permanently remove the heir- it will only cut the top of it off and this will make it sharp which will result in it appearing thicker.



Go to a Beauty salon and ask them about waxing- if it is only your remote chin area then you should try waxing the area,



make sure that they ONLY wax the immediate area where the hair is. There will be a slight difference in your skin appearance/colour afterwards so couple of days after the waxing make sure that you exfoliate and moisturise your chin.



Other methods are electrolysis or laser hair removal.



Electrolysis is not always permant for some people and can take 3 months and for some 3 years for all the hair to be permanently gone. Electrolysis is great for if you only have a small amount of hairs present.



Laser Hair removal is great for this area, but is expensive and can be painful. But you should see the results after only a couple of sessions.



You can research more about both of these on the internet.



Good luck, I hope this has helped you



I have recently noticed semi-coarse facial hair growing on my chin. Is this hormonal?

might be hormonal but double check with your doc

No comments:

Post a Comment