Thursday, April 26, 2012

Causes and treatment of facial hair?

I had a bunch of blood drawn last week to see if I have to much testosterone or polycystic ovary syndrome. If it is to much testosterone the doctor said that I could take a medication that is a diuretic to get rid of the extra testosterone. Has anyone else ever heard of this and does it work? I was also wondering if there is any treatment if I have PCOS to get rid of the hair. I'm hoping it's not PCOS because my husband and I have just started trying to conceive and I know it can make that difficult. I have also had laser hair removal done for a year now. The growth has slowed some but still comes back.



Causes and treatment of facial hair?

Diet and exercise can help with PCOS. You will need to go on a low carb diet to help get rid of the PCOS if that is what you have. Also, a good cardio work out also helps with PCOS. You also might want to check with a farmers market to see if they have anything to help with testosterone levels if that is what you have. They may even have something that can help with PCOS.



Causes and treatment of facial hair?

There are several treatments for excess facial hair in women. Hair removal is one, bleaching is another. If it is due to a hormonal imbalance, then hormones are usually used. If you do have PCOS then you should listen to your doctor and educate yourself as much as possible about it. Google for info, go to your library or local bookstore and read, read, read!



I've attached a good article from CNN.com for your to read. It should help you start your personal research.

No comments:

Post a Comment